Thursday, May 24, 2012

City Eclogue reading assignment blog

Reading city eclogue gave me new approaches to comroehending and writing my own material. They way he uses his words and compounds his sentences is unlike anything I've ev read before. I've come o notice that he structures his sentences different than most poets. He sometimes start and/or finish his sentences in the middle of the page. Maybe to put an exclamation point on certain words and/or phrases to signify a more important or deeper meaning. I just thought that he was trying to keep the readers attention by mixing up the structure of the sentences. I also noticed he way he uses metaphors and/or analogies to get his point across. On page 18, in the poem called "Sequoia Sempervirens," he's uses squirelles, a tree and the city to show how people go about their everyday life collecting nuts and taking them to the city. This phrase could mean a number of things such as going to work and getting paid, or even doing good deeds. I think that his poems are some of the easier poems to dissect and get different meanings from.

1 comment: